• Under last step/run flashing in direct contact with the wall and roof substrate, as shown.
• Lift last shingle to check if kickout is under step/run flashing
2. Sufficient Height and Angle
• At least 4” in height—angle to roof should be 90 degrees.
• The angle from wall should direct water away from the wall at a 45 degree angle or more.
3. Clear Path For Water Exit
• Clear path for water drainage from the step/run flashing
• No caulking or blockage along bottom or front edge
4. Proper Construction
• Raintek Kickout (top photo) strongly recommended– Demand Products 1.800.325.7540
• Copper with soldered seams accepted.
5. Seal All Non-Drainage Areas
• Seal back edge with Dow 795
• Seal all boxing/soffit elements below the kickout
6. Check Gutters
• End of gutter should not penetrate EIFS.
• Check for proper flow away from kickout area. Check for gutter obstructions or proper flow.